Mushroom pie with spinach recipe
A simple yet tasty savoury mushroom pie. This mushroom pie with spinach recipe is very easy to make. And you don’t need a bunch of ingredients and a lot of time to prepare this delicious pie.
I often make a dish that I give my own twist to. For example, in this recipe, I used fresh spinach instead of watercress. You can also think of your own variations. This is my version of a savoury mushroom cake.
You will need the following ingredients for the bottom of your mushroom pie:
– 430 gr flower
– 150 gr butter (at room temperature)
– 2 eggs
– pinch of salt
– pinch of grated nutmeg
– 25 gr butter
– 500 gr mushroom mix or chestnut mushrooms
– 1 tsp dried oregano- salt- ground pepper
– 200 ml creme fraiche
– 4 eggs
– 2 spring onions
– 100 gr grated old cheese
– 6 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 100 gr spinach (fresh)
– round oven dish 26 cm.
This is how you proceed:
1. Make a dough from the flour, butter, eggs, salt and nutmeg. Wrap in housekeeping foil and leave in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Melt the butter for the filling in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms with pepper and oregano +/- 4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the crème fraiche with the eggs. Add 1 tsp salt and stir in the spring onions and the old cheese.
4. Heat the oven to 180 C.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured sheet and cover the greased oven dish. If you have left dough you can freeze.
6. Fill the bowl for 3/4 with egg mixture and spread the mushrooms over it. Press them a little into the mixture. Bake the cake for 40 minutes in the oven.
7. Beat the dressing of olive oil with lemon juice, pepper and salt.
8. Put on each plate of the fresh spinach leaves, sprinkle with some dressing and put a piece of the warm mushroom cake on top.
Enjoy your freshly baked delicious mushroom pie!